GIRONA COSTA BRAVA TOUR
The best way to know the history and culture of a territory is cycling on its countryside roads to discover the scenary.
Costa Brava is hidding a lot of locations and national parks of historical and landscape interest that you’ll discover day by day.
- Type of route: Perfect for families, groups and couples
- Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
- Accomodattion: 3 and 4 Star Hotels
- Km/day: 70km approx.
- Km. total: 280km approx.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Time of year: From March to October
Arrival in Girona. Settle down in a 4* Hotel in the center of the city. Enjoy and explore the old city, it’s monumental cathedral and the old Jewish Quarter, the “Call jueu”. Take the famouse views of the city from the footbridges over the Onyar river. Dine at some typical restaurants that provide a perfect mediterranean meals.
Day 2 – Girona- Palamos
Your first cycle will spent on the green way that it’s the railway line now used as a cycle track called “the Carrilet”.
You’ll cycle from Girona toward the sea. There will be some interesting towns to stop in along the way. Your lunch time will be in the coastal town of Sant Feliu de Guíxols. After that, you’ll go through the coastal road to Palamós hotel.
Day 3 Palamós- Roses
The second day, a small country lanes will bring you around the coast. This route will take you through the most import coastal towns that you can visit. The views along this tour are blessed with breathtaking scenerys. You’ll follow that paths through Parc Natural dels Aiguamolls de l’Empordà before reaching the hotel in Roses.
Day 4 Roses- Besalú
On day 3 you will cycle through the flat cultivated landscapes of the Alt Empordà area. This is a land of rich soils, water and a benign climate which produces excellent wines, fruit and vegetables. Around midday you’ll arrive on the historic town of Peralada which is an important winemaking. After that, you’ll cycle to Besalú, another medieval town which will be your lodging .
Day 5 Besalú- Girona
After a night in the picturesque village of Besalú, the final cycling day along small country roads will take you to your final destination, Girona. This paths offers you a typical mountain scenery and it makes you discover the biggest natural lake in Catalonia located in Banyoles. After a cycle around the lake, you’ll take the path to Girona.
- Hybrid bikes
- Weight: 14,9 kg
- Frame: 28”Aluminium 6061
- Front fork: Hight quality steel
- Shift levers: Shimano Revoshift RS36 21v
- Brakes: Aluminium City
- Front Derailleur: Shimano TX51
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano TX35D 7v
- Chainwheel: Shimano M131 170mm 28/38/48T
- Freewheel: Shimano TZ21 7v 14/28T
- Chain: KMC Z51
- Wheels: 28”
- Front hub: Aluminium A15F
- Rear hub: Aluminium A1ER 7V
- Rim: Aluminium
- Tires: CST C1118 700X35
- Pedals: Conor City
- Handlebar: Aluminium City
- Stem: Adjustable City
- Head Parts: Semi integrated 1 1/8
- Repair kit
(Electric bikes available on request)
- Accomodation in 3 and 4 Star Hotels with breakfast
- Rent full equipped hybrid bikes
- Emergency assistance
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Roadbook with recommendations for things to do and places to visit, advices and suggestions.
- Half Board
- Transfer from/to airport
- Guide service
- Extra nigh on last day of the tour in Girona.